Position Title : Business Development Manager
Department : Business Development
Location : Mumbai, India
Reports To : Director
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to understand client's needs and present solutions
Understanding of market and product
Position Description :
The primary purpose of the Business Development Manager is to contribute to the growth of the business by pursuing and developing corporate leads within and outside of India.
- This growth will be achieved through increasing the current business partnerships and forging new relationships with corporations requiring software assistance. The aim of the manager should be to ensure market penetration among corporations for IT solutions across India and other countries.
- The Business Development Manager is also responsible for fostering and maintaining relationships with key corporate clients to ensure continual business through the product or services being aligned with clients’ expectations.
- This role will require extensive travelling pan-India in order to source and develop new corporate client relationships.
The key responsibilities include:
Generate new client leads and determine potential areas of IT and IT-enabled service requirement for clients
Follow up all incoming leads, determining the best way of establishing contact with the client to establish their needs and present an appropriate corporate IT solutions
- Provide external and client feedback with relation to pricing and business strategy
- Discuss specific client needs or contractual arrangements with the Director before sign off by the client
Essential Skills and Experience
Written communication - Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly (both in writing and verbally) in a variety of communication settings and styles, and can get messages across that have the desired effect. Demonstrated results-driven, pro-active and committed approach to work.
Negotiating – Ability to negotiate with and influence business decision makers. Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, can settle differences with minimum noise, can win concessions without damaging relationships, can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic, gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations, has a good sense of timing.
Interpersonal Skills - High level interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels and from different facets of life – builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
Ethics and Values – Adheres to an ASPL's set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times, acts in line with those values, rewards the right values and disapproves of others, practices what he/she preaches.
Management ability – Is good at establishing clear directions, sets stretching objectives, distributes the workload appropriately, lays out work in a well-planned and organised manner, maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results, brings out the best in people, is a clear communicator.